June 2023 Art of the Month Online Contest
Voting is open till noon on the 21st at Noon. Click an image to enlarge & see title; move through images with the arrows onscreen or your keyboard. Vote for one.
May 2023 Art of the Month - Open Theme Winners
We had a modest sample of art. The winners were Cris Gordy, first place with "Pueblo". Joanne Formia, got second place with her "Feeling the Peace". June 23 will be an ONLINE only show and the last one of the year. The theme is 'Dreams of Summer".
MVAL Art of the Month Contest
Art of the Month
Members are invited to bring a painting to enter in our monthly general meeting Art of the Month contest. Your artwork may relate to our theme of the month, or it may be any topic you wish. The membership votes, and a prize will be awarded for each of the two categories: Best of Theme and Best of Show.
On display above are samples of the art in the March Show.
JUNE ONLINE SHOW-LAST SHOW OF THE YEAR
THEME: DREAMS OF SUMMER
Thank you for participating in this program. Please send your photos to Cris Gordy -
Click here for Art of the Month Gallery
Click here for Online Art of the Month Submission guidelines and instructions.
Contest Format and Themes
In-Person October, Water
In-Person November, Still Life
Online December, Cold Comfort Cancelled
In-Person January, Gray of Grays
Online February, I See Red
In-Person March, Signs of Spring
Online April, View from Above
In-Person May, People
Online June, Dreams of Summer
Art of the Month 2023 Contest Gallery
Online Art of the Month Contest Guidelines
- Contest open to MVAL members in good standing; Use the email address in your MVAL membership application to send your image. Yes, there is a prize.
- Email artwork submissions to email@example.com. (The Art of the Month chair will send a receipt email.)
- Files must be finish cropped, in .jpg or .png format and under 1000 pixels on the longest side. Since everyone's photo starts as a generic number these days, please change the file name to the your Name, eg; "FriedmanJerry.jpg."
- Please include the title, media & dimensions and your name in the email, thus:
mixed media 18x24"
- Submissions accepted after each general meeting till midnight Friday before the next general meeting.
- Voting is live for 4 days, from the Sunday prior to the general meeting to noon on the day of the meeting.
- Results are announced at the general meeting, and posted here afterwards until the next contest.